This visa is for anyone who would like to visit Turkey as a tourist. You can either make the application online or go to the Turkish embassy if you don’t meet the requirements to apply for the e-visa.
The e-visa application is done within minutes and it is the most convenient option for most travelers.
Kenyans require a visa to visit Turkey.
Eligibility Requirements for the e-visa
- Hold a visa or permanent residency for a Schengen country
- Hotel and flight reservations.
- Have a bank balance of half a million and above and an updated 3 months statement or an equivalent of USD 50 a day in relation to the number of days you intend to visit Turkey
If you do not have all the above requirements to apply for the online visa, then you will be required to visit the Turkish Embassy in your country.
The approved visa will give you permission to stay in Turkey for up to 30 days.
Other requirements you will need if you end up visiting the embassy
- 2 passport photos size 50/50mm
- Have an employment letter or business registration with up-to-date tax filing
- If you are planning to stay in Turkey for more than 30 days
If you have a diplomatic or special passport you can stay in Turkey without a visa for up to 90 days.
How To Apply for The Turkish Visa
- Complete the e-visa application form
- Pay the visa fee, which is a nonrefundable fee of USD 171 for Kenyans
- Pay the visa fee using a debit or credit card
- Submit the visa request for approval
- A valid passport
- An email address where you will receive the approved visa
Most applicants receive the approved e-visa within a span of 24 hours of submitting the application. However sometimes the process may take longer, sometimes, you can expect delays.
The approved visa is sent to you via email. Once you receive it you should print it out and present it to the border official upon arrival.
COVID-19 health document requirements
There are three important things you need before visiting Turkey.
You need the passenger locator forms and HES codes– The passenger locator code is a form you fill 72 hours before you arrive Turkey. The document requests for your basic information that includes your nationality, full names, the country you come from, contact information, the date of your arrival and the mode of transportation you use to get into Turkey.
Having an incomplete form may course you not to enter Turkey. Once you have filled out this form you apply to get a HES code which is a code that you are issued with to travel around Turkey during the pandemic
If you are traveling on transit via Turkey then you won’t need these documents.
The second document you will need is a valid vaccination certificate. If you are not fully vaccinated then you will need to do a PCR Covid test for entering Turkey.
At the entry you will go through screening and if you do not pass the necessary screening tests then you will be required to go into quarantine for 14 days The Turkish Embassy in Nairobi is located in Gigiri